Monday, November 30, 2020

I am Grateful for the Morning

She woke to the sound of the metro tooting,
letting everyone know it's coming through.

Another day, another toot.
She stretches, yawns and
folds her arms under her head.

I am grateful.
I can hear the morning sounds.
A rooster crows in the near distance—in someone’s backyard.
A dog’s collar jingles as it walks by. 

I am grateful.
I can see the morning light.
A deep breath and she looks towards the window.
Sunlight comes in through the sheer-like curtains. 

I am grateful.
I can smell the morning scents.
Another deep breath.
She draws in the remnants of last night’s rain.
A slow breath in, and she counts to eight,
inhaling the scent of wet earth. 

I am grateful.
I can feel the morning’s touch.
A gentle wind from the open window and
the curtain lightly waves.
Toes and feet caress the gray linen,
they curl and grab the sheet, pinching it, pulling it down.
The cold sheet slowly slides down the body,
like a cool intentional breeze
softly sweeping over her. 

I am grateful

(November was gratitude month and so I wanted to end it with this)

What are you grateful for today?

4 comments:

  1. I am grateful for the food in my fridge, fruit on my citrus trees, and Labradoodle sleeping at my feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great things to be grateful about. Especially the company of your labradoodle! 😊

      Delete
  2. I am grateful to be alive and breathing and try to stay calm and at peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calm and peacefulness is what I strive for too. :)

      Delete