Monday, November 9, 2020

Optimism

November is gratitude month and I am doing an Instagram challenge where I post everyday (based on the daily word prompt) what I am grateful for. One of the words was OPTIMISM.

I'm not a very optimistic person, but I know that what helps me look at the brighter side is making the effort to think of the positive and reciting that over and over in my head. Like a mantra. I'm thankful for those conscious times when I do decide to make that choice.

It's also important to not forget those days when you hung in there to be where you are now.

I don't necessarily mean career wise, it could be not struggling financially where you are counting those quarters to see if you need to walk or if you can take the bus. It could mean not struggling mentally and emotionally when going through, or after some traumatic event.

Thinking about how far we've come can keep us optimistic. 

With the pandemic going on right now, it has been difficult for many of us. I'm thinking of the silver lining. For me, it would be the time I've had to reflect on my growth, and how much I need to keep growing. I am grateful for this time to reflect, learn, and the small rays of optimism that flicker behind the clouds, and make it through the breaks. Make it through just enough to make me optimistic and realize that I CAN DO THIS.

What helps keep you optimistic?

2 comments:

  1. So true. It's the little things. Having my hips replaced and healing from that surgery has made me very grateful to be able to walk without limping, and to be pain free. That was a very dark time, and I feel like I was given a second chance. I try to drop judgement, the ego, and remember to be thankful for the basics. Having a comfortable home, a sweet dog, and groceries in the fridge makes for happy times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The little things can definitely make us feel grateful.

      Delete