Sunday, September 18, 2022

I've Had a Realization

I woke up with a more fierce realization that I do NOT want to keep working at that preschool. There was also a slight feeling of not wanting to work in a preschool at all. However, I'd like to give working at another preschool a chance. Last time I was not in a good mental-emotional state and now that I am in a good place I would like to try again. I would like a preschool different than the one I am currently working at. One that isn't so focused on an academic calendar (especially at such a young age). Learning the letters of the alphabet, numbers, colors, and shapes are great, and can be incorporated into every day activities naturally without it being the main focus. A preschool that focuses on social-emotional well-being of a child would be awesome. Where they spend time building those basic skills such as sharing, cooperation, and learning how to express themselves using words. Where they are given the time to be able to be with their feelings, and learn to self-regulate. Where teachers pay attention to the interests of the children, and help them explore a concept they are interested in more. 

That is what I want. When I find this place and if I still have that feeling of not working in this field anymore then I am thinking I will do nannying for a bit. At least until I figure out what exactly it is that I want. But I do enjoy spending time with children. Helping them when they are having trouble socially or emotionally is such a rewarding feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment