Friday, April 30, 2021

Embracing the Possibility of Change

"Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge."

-Eckhart Tolle

Image by klimkin from Pixabay 
I have decided to embrace the possibility of change. 

Change has always been very difficult for me (as I'm sure for many people). As an anxious and nervous person, change terrifies me so much that I withdraw into my cloudy thoughts of negative "What if's" and "But's".  There was a time when even if I was in a bad situation, the thought of change (knowing that change was needed) paralyzed me. I had a lot of fear, the negative thoughts always seem to triumphed over the good. 

After working on myself this past year (reading books and listening to stories) I can see the ray of sun peeping through those clouds. 

Since I've accepted the possibility of change, I haven't seen any change yet so I can't attest to my thought's reaction towards it. BUT...

I noticed that I no longer think of a change as something that looms closely, or that it will disrupt my life completely (even though it could). I am now thinking of change as something that will help me grow and transform.

I know that this seems obvious:
WITH CHANGE COMES EXPERIENCE AND GROWTH.

I've known this for a long time, but it is only until recently that I have accepted this. 

I will be in the present moment and for now, enjoy this moment as it is. If change comes then it comes and I will deal with it then, with the advice from Eckhart Tolle:

"Accept- then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally; not your enemy."

How have you dealt with change in the past and now?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Change led me to recreate my life completely...including moving 1300 miles across the country, from Northern Michigan to Houston! And I have never regretted it. I look forward to seeing where your path leads you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's a big move. Thank you! My path is uncertain, but I'm taking it one step at a time!

      Delete