Monday, October 26, 2020

Trouble Writing

I've been having a difficult time writing. I'd like to write in here every four days. When I don't it's because I'm having a big block. 

I don't want this blog to be a diary. I want it to be more of a journal of stories, or articles on reflections. Personal stories that I've reflected on. I guess that would be considered a diary, but to me a journal is not as personal and more of a record. At least for me I'm attempting to record and process what I've learned through events or experiences that have happened, or books/stories I've heard and read. 

I also started this blog because I wanted to work on my writing. I enjoy it and want to improve it. I can't improve it if I'm not practicing!

I should organize myself more. 

I've been feeling a bit self-conscious, and worrying more this past couple of weeks about what other people will say or think. I've always been like that but over the course of the past few years I've been getting better. However, I get these periods where I can't help it. My mind starts cluttering up and making up stories, and no matter how much I attempt to be present I can't. So, I let it and end up dwelling in it. In turn that prevents me from using my mind, and instead it's using me. If that makes sense. 

For the most part it's related to the pandemic. Social distancing and family/friend gatherings are difficult because not everybody feels the same way. I'm a worrier and pretty cautious. That sometimes can be taken a different way.

Okay, this was a diary post. Yikes. I'll probably delete this sometime when I get back to my regular post.
Thanks for reading if you did. 

4 comments:

  1. When I first started blogging, I would sit and stare at the blank screen of the computer. Every word made me self-conscious. Now words usually flow. Whether a diary or journal, write what you have to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, Kari. It's honest and I can relate. I find the social distancing thing difficult, too. So many people here won't honor the six feet or wear a mask the way you are supposed to...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. I appreciate your comment. :) yes I agree. Its difficult for many of us.

      Delete