Thursday, August 20, 2020

The Energy in Our Hands- Stillness

Image by skeeze from Pixabay 
Do you feel the energy in your hands? If you sit still with your hands on your lap and pay attention to them, you can feel the sensation of your blood flowing through your arm, your palms, your fingers. 

It's a reminder that you are alive. That you have these hands and arms to hold your loved ones, to transmit your love and energy. To receive their love and energy.

These hands to create lovely words and images that evoke shared emotions.

These hands to play instruments and create beautiful music that touches the core of your being.

The first thing I notice after a few minutes of stillness is my hands pulsating. 

It's difficult for me to sit still for long though. Not that I am very energetic, but because I'm always mentally busy, and no matter how much I try to let go of whatever thoughts come to mind, they either stay or come right back. I get tired of it and give up. 

I want to create a habit. The habit of mindful siting. Perhaps making a commitment on this blog will encourage me to keep at it and not give up. I've mentioned this before but never committed to making it a habit. I will do fifteen minutes in the morning of mindful sitting. I will spend time with myself for a week and check in here to log how it went. I will start Friday, the twenty-first. 

What's the first thing you notice when you are still? What does it make you think of? 

No comments:

Post a Comment